Musically lost? Find your way with the Chromawheel Music Compass. Use your eyes, ears, and the music compass to find the musical key of any song, as well as explore different scales and chords. Use the red tonic piece as your start point, then add more note pieces to make a pattern. Tip: Rotating the entire pattern will transpose it to a new key!
To learn more, download our free pocket music guide or visit chromawheelmusic.com for more info.
- Tap the "Edit" icon to lock and unlock a pattern. When unlocked, you can tap to add or remove note pieces (except for the red tonic piece, which acts like an anchor).
- Turn the center knob to rotate the red tonic piece.
- Tap a note name to play individual notes.
- Tap or hold the play button to hear selected notes. Adjust playback speed using the slider. At maximum speed the notes will play together as a chord.
- To save, enter a name for your pattern and click save (file icon). A unique URL will be generated for your pattern.
e: toggle edit mode
spacebar: play chord
: rotate tonic clockwise
: rotate tonic counterclockwise
: octave up
s d g h j ╮ play individual notes
z x cv b n m ╯ (mini-keyboard)
esc : stop all notes